Data privacy information
I. Information on the collection of personal data
EMSA GmbH thanks you for your visit to our website and your interest in our company.
We respect your privacy, and compliance with statutory data protection provisions is a matter of course for us. It is therefore important to us that you know when we store your data and how we use it.
We will inform you below about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data are all data directly related to you, e.g. Name, address, email address, user behaviour.
The controller pursuant to Article 4(7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
Grevener Damm 215-225
Telephone: +49 .25 72. 13-0
Telefax: +49 .25 72. 13-222
Our Data Protection Officer is responsible for the protection of your data. You can contact them on
Grevener Damm 215-225
When contacting us by email or via a contact form, we will store the data you provide (your email address, and your name and telephone number where applicable) in order to answer your questions. We will erase the data obtained in this connection once the storage is no longer required, or we will restrict the processing if there are statutory retention obligations in place. Such processing is based on Article 6(1) point (b) GDPR.
II. Your rights
1. You have the following rights with regard to the personal data concerning you:
- Right of access, Article 15 GDPR
- Right to rectification or erasure, Article 16 GDPR, Article 17 GDPR
- Right to restriction of processing, Article 18 GDPR
- Right to object against processing, Article 21 GDPR
- Right to data portability, Article 20 GDPR
2. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority regarding the processing of your personal data by us, Article 77 GDPR. The authority responsible for us is the State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information for North Rhine-Westphalia, Kavalleriestr. 2-4, 40213 Düsseldorf.
3. Objection or withdrawal against processing of your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can withdraw this at any time. Such a withdrawal shall affect the permissibility of the processing of your personal data once you have declared this to us.
(2) If we base the processing of your personal data on the balance of interests, you can object to the processing. This is the case where the processing is not necessary for the performance of a contract with you, which we shall present in the following description of functions. When exercising such an objection, please provide the reasons why we should no longer process your personal data. In the event of your justified objection, we shall examine the matter and will either cease or modify the data processing or indicate our compelling legitimate grounds for us continuing the processing.
(3) You may of course object to the processing of your personal data for purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can inform us of your objection on the following contact details:
III. Collection of personal data, purposes, legal basis and storage duration
1. For simple informational use of the website, i.e. If you do not register or otherwise transfer information to us, we will only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our servers. If you would like to view our website, we will collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us, in order to display our website to you and to ensure the stability and security (legal basis is Article 6(1) sentence (1) point (f) GDPR):
- IP address
- Data and time of access
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the access (specific pages)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- The data quantity transmitted
- Website from which the request is coming
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of browser software.
Please refer to sections III. 6. and 7. of our data protection statement to find out about the transfer of personal data with cookies.
2. Contact form
You can contact us using the contact form. The data entered there are partly necessary to enable communication and to process your matter, These will be marked as compulsory fields. Any other data you transfer to us will allow us to address you personally or process your matter better or more quickly. Such processing is based on Article 6(1) point (b) GDPR.
With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter, with which we will inform you about our current products that may be of interest. The goods and services advertised are named in the declaration of consent.
For the registration to our newsletter, we use the double opt-in procedure. This means that after registering, we will send you an email at the address you provided in which we ask you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one week. We will also store your IP address and time of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure is to prove your registration, and if necessary resolve any misuse of your personal data.
The only compulsory information for receiving the newsletter is your email address. After your confirmation, we will store your email address for the purpose of sending the newsletter. The legal basis is Article 6(1) sentence (1) point (a) GDPR.
You may withdraw your consent to us sending you the newsletter and unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time. You can withdraw by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter email, www.emsa.com/emsa-newsletter/ or by sending a message on the contact details provided in the Impressum. After unsubscribing/withdrawal, your data will be immediately erased unless there are any statutory retention obligations to the contrary.
4. Comments function
In our blogs, where we publish various posts on topics related to our business activities, you can post public comments. Your comment will be published on the blog post with the user name you provide. We recommend you use a pseudonym instead of your real name. You must provide a user name and email address, and all other information is voluntary. If you make a comment, we will also store your IP address. It is necessary for us to store the data in order to be able to defend liability claims in cases of any publication of unlawful content. We need your email address in order to be able to contact you if a third party should claim that your comment is unlawful. The legal basis is Article 6(1) sentence (1) points (a), (b) and (f) GDPR. The comments are not verified prior to publication. Your comment will be stored and published for an unlimited period. We reserve the right to delete your comment without stating reasons and without prior or subsequent notification.
On your request, we will immediately delete your comments. To do this, please use the “delete function” or contact us. The object and remove functions are in line with the general regulations on the right to object and right to erasure under data protection laws, which are illustrated in this data privacy statement.
In addition to the above data, cookies will be stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your hard drive associated with your browser and through which certain information is sent to us. Cookies cannot execute any programs or transmit any viruses to your computer. They are used to make the Internet service more user-friendly and effective.
For information about other cookies (statistics and marketing), see section “6. Analysis Tools” below.
Our cookies will be stored until they are deleted in your browser or, for session cookies, until the session is ended.
6. Analysis tools
If you consent to the use of statistic or marketing cookies by accepting the cookie notice when you visit our website, we will use the services listed below to facilitate the needs-based design and continuous optimisation of our online services by statistically recording and analysing the use of our website. We will also use certain marketing cookies with your consent.
1) Statistical services
- Google Analytics
The IP address transmitted by your browser within the scope of Google Analytics will not be combined with other data by Google.
You may refuse the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser, however please note that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website. You can also prevent Google’s collection and use of data generated by the cookie relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of these data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
You can also prevent Google's collection and transfer of personal data (particularly your IP address) and the processing of these data by Google by deactivating the execution of script code in your browser, installing a script blocker in your browser (you can find this at www.noscript.net or www.ghostery.com) or by activating the "Do not track” setting in your browser.
This website uses the _anonymizeIp() function, which means that IP addresses are only processed in a shortened form in order to prevent direct personal identification. If the personal data concerning you contains a personal link, these will immediately be excluded and the personal data as such immediately deleted.
- Statistic cookies used, legal basis & objections
The following cookies are used by the service providers referred to above:
- gat_gtag_UA_19773633_1, storage duration 1 hour
- _gid, storage duration 23 hours
- _ga, storage duration 23 hours
- _ga_NTFSE0FZ9Y, storage duration 2 years
Your data is collected and processed in accordance with Article 6 (1a) GDPR, and only if you consent to the collection and use of your data by statistic cookies when you access our website. You can object to the collection and processing of your visitor data by removing the tick next to the consent option in your cookie settings.
b) Marketing cookies
Outbrain will apply the standard contractual clauses recognised by the EU Commission (EU Model Contract Clauses) for any data that is transferred to Outbrain servers in the USA. For further information visit: https://www.outbrain.com/legal/privacy#privacy-policy). Outbrain is EU-US Privacy Shield certified.
- Microsoft Bing Ads
- Google Ads (formerly Google Adwords)
- Facebook Pixel Custom Audience
With your consent, our website uses the “tracking pixel” of Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”). This pixel allows user behaviour to be tracked when they are taken to our website having clicked on a Facebook advert. This allows us to record the effectiveness of Facebook adverts for statistical and market research purposes. The data recorded in this way is anonymous for us. In other words, we do not see personal data on individual users. However, this data is saved by Facebook and processed, and we will inform you of this based on the knowledge we have. Facebook can connect this data with your Facebook account and also use it for its own advertising purposes in accordance with Facebook’s data usage policy https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. Facebook Custom Audience is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Treaty (see https://www.privacyshield.gov/list). The data will be erased once the purpose for their collection has been fulfilled. You can prevent the collection and transfer of personal data (particularly your IP address) and the processing of these data by deactivating the execution of script code in your browser, installing a script blocker in your browser (you can find this at www.noscript.net or www.ghostery.com) or by activating the "Do not track” setting in your browser. You have the option of blocking Facebook and its partners from showing adverts. The Facebook advertising settings can be edited on the following link: https://www.facebook.com/ads/website_custom_audiences/. The legal basis for the data processing is Article 6(1) point (a) GDPR.
- Cookies, legal basis & objections
The following cookies are used by the service providers referred to above:
- CONSENT, storage duration approx. 18 years
- km_lv, storage duration 5 years
- km_ai, storage duration 5 years
- obca_vid, storage duration 385 days
- obca_data, storage duration 385 days
- ANID, storage duration 390 days
- IDE, storage duration 390 days
- MUIDB, storage duration 390 days
- MUID, storage duration 390 days
- trd_cid, storage duration 1 year
- _hjid, storage duration 356 days
- NID, storage duration 6 months
- _fbp, storage duration 3 months
- _fbp, storage duration 3 months
- fr, storage duration 3 months
- _gcl_au, storage duration 3 months
- obuid, storage duration 3 months
- 1P_JAR, storage duration 1 day
- criteo, storage duration 1 day
- europe, stored for the duration of the web visit only
- obca_sid, stored for the duration of the web visit only
- km_vs, stored for the duration of the web visit only
- kvcd, stored for the duration of the web visit only
- YSC, stored for the duration of the web visit only
- GPS, stored for the duration of the web visit only
- VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, ca. 6 months
Your data is collected and processed in accordance with Article 6 (1a) GDPR, and only if you consent to the collection and use of your data by marketing cookies when you access our website. You can object to the collection and processing of your visitor data by removing the tick next to the consent option in your cookie settings.
7. Integration of external web services and processing of data outside the EU
On our website, we use active Java script content of external providers, known as web services. By accessing our website, these external providers will receive personal information about your visit to our website. It is possible that data will be processed outside the EU. You can prevent this by installing a Java script blocker such as the browser plug-in ‘NoScript’ (www.noscript.net) or deactivating Java script in your browser. This may restrict the functionality of websites you visit.
We use the following external web services:
- Commerce Connector
On our website, we use the conversion tracking programme of Commerce Connector GmbH, Eberhardstr. 69-71, 70173 Stuttgart, Germany. On our website, we provide links to merchants who sell our products.
By clicking on the link, our partner, Commerce Connector GmbH, will store a cookie on your end device for a limited period. If within this period you make a purchase from the merchant, Commerce Connector can access the cookie in order to obtain information about your purchase from the merchant, including if you reach the order confirmation page of the merchant. After seven days, this cookie will automatically become invalid.
If you require more information about this sales tracking or want to know how you can deactivate it, please read the Commerce Connector Online privacy notice at https://www.commerce-connector.com/web/de/policy-cco/. The legal basis is Article 6(1) sentence (1) point (f) GDPR.
- Google Maps
On this website, we use the Google Maps service. This allows us to display interactive maps directly on the website and allow you convenient use of the maps function to easily search for a dealer near you.
By visiting the website, Google will receive the information that you have accessed the corresponding sub-page of our website. The data listed in section 3 of this policy will also be transmitted. This is done regardless of whether Google provides a user account in which you are logged or whether there is no user account. If you are logged into Google, your data will be associated directly to your account. If you do not wish your Google profile to be associated, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as a usage profile and uses it for the purpose of advertising, market research and/or design-oriented design of the website. Such utilisation takes place (even for non-logged in users) to provide demand-based advertising and in order to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of this usage profile, whereby you must contact Google to exercise this right.
You can find further information on the purpose and scope of the data collection and the processing thereof by the plug-in provider in the privacy policies of the providers. You will also find further information on your related rights and settings options to protect your privacy: www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has committed to the EU-US Privacy Shield. https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
8. Social Media Links
On our website, you will also find links to our Internet presences on the relevant social networks. If you follow the link from our website to a social network or if you log in to share content of our website in your social network, your data will be processed by the relevant provider of the social network. For the purpose and scope of data collection, processing and use of the data by the provider of the social network and the associated rights and settings options to protect your privacy, please see the privacy information of the relevant provider.
9. Other functions and services of our website
Other than mere informational usage of our website, we also offer various services you may be interested in using. For this purpose, you will have to provide further personal data which we use to provide the relevant service and for which the above mentioned principles of data processing apply.
We will sometimes use an external service provider to process your data. They are carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound to our instructions and are regularly audited.
We may also transfer your personal data to third parties if campaign participations, draws, contracts or similar services are offered by us together with our partners. You can find further information on this when providing your personal data or below in the description of the offer.
Where our service providers or partners are based in a state outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this in the description of the offer.
10. Storage duration
Where we store your personal, this will only be done for a limited time and not for longer than necessary. We will in principle erase your data if they are no longer necessary for the purpose of processing for which they were collected or if there are other legal grounds for erasure. Where we are subject to statutory retention obligations, which require a longer storage period, we will store the data for this period, particularly in order to meet commercial and fiscal law retention periods, which are between 2 and 10 years. There may be other legal grounds for retention, whereby we have to retain the data for evidence purposes for the duration of the applicable limitation periods. These periods are generally between 2 and 30 years. Special professional retention obligations also apply to lawyers.
Please contact us should you have any questions.